French fries and soda anyone?? Check out these delicious earrings on ShopLawdamassey Advertisements
I’m known for my black lips. So would I dream of creating a black lipstick bearing my name? Hell yeah! Why not?
Black has always been my signature color for as long as I can remember. To me, it signifies strength, it’s seductive and sensual.
My wardrobe is 75% black and not boring at all……I’m here to to prove it, but that’s for another post.
WELL….THE WAIT IS OVER!
My black lipstick “Vampire’s Kiss” is now ready to order. The first shipment is limited, so get yours now instead of waiting for the reorder. Thank you guys for supporting everything I do.
CLICK LINK BELOW!
Black kisses darlings 😘
•✨“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (Jeremiah 29:11)
• ✨ Back story….. Every December I tell you guys a little about my year, in a nutshell. This Year is no different. I am always appreciated and I always show gratitude for the little and for the lots. I am not always happy, but I’m always happy go lucky.
• ✨I have 3 people who helps me with my marketing, they do not work for me, they help me. One I pay penny on the dollar for all the work she does. She is worth so much more and a bag of chips, but who am I kidding, I am poor. (she post and keep up with my pages and look out for typos and edit them…..because I’m always in a rush. She invoiced, email, packed and shipped items, when I’m not able…… and since I have a day job and I am trying to finish school in 2033 😂, and trying be creative at the same darn time) I NEED her.
• ✨The other person is just God sent ( he does my images and photos for free. #blessed)
• ✨Then I have my 12 year old virtual intern, who made this 2017 customer appreciation card with items from Shoplawdamassey and she blew me away ( all items on tree can be purchased HERE ) She is a future entrepreneur, so I told her she didn’t have to have fancy penmanship to write thank you notes, to show her appreciation and gratitude for her clients. Side Note: If I knew she would use my hand writing for this, I would have been a little bit more fancy with the pen. Lol #not being authentic is key.
• ✨What would I change about 2017? Not a damn thing. Life has it’s ups and downs and I appreciate and learn from every achievements and dissatisfactions. ✨ In October I packed my things to move to another state, because #Irma damaged my place, plus the move was way overdue in my opinion, but as chance would have it, I have still not made the permanent move as planned, but I learn that God’s plan is much bigger than mine and I’m happier than I’ve ever been since I moved from the location I was in. Maybe God was saying move away from the area, but not necessarily move away from the state. Who knows what His plans are, I just have to wait and see. I must say commuting back and forth to work is not so bad, plus I get to start new ventures in a new area, guess who’s having the best year ever? (I still have plans be bicoastal ) 🤦🏾♀️
• ✨Looking back, I have accomplished more than I thought I would. I buried some walking dead this year ( family and friends) and I wish them well. My spiritual growth and well being is important to me than anything else. I made some new awesome friendships in 2017 and I kept plenty of old ones.
• ✨My advise for the new year is to let go and let God. Create a space where you can grow and manifest at your full potential. Block out the outside noise and stop setting goals and not follow through with them. Too often we let people determine what success is, and too often we put a dollar sign next to it. Stop doing that and see how much more fulfilled you will become. I have become less of a show and tell, and more of a let people think what they want. I am more focus on #branding instead of BRANDishing. No new year, new me bs, just me, the same old me. I’ve been “woke” but I learned that the wiser you become, the less you speak. PeAce. LiGht. LoVe.
Thanks to my little crew maybe 2018 I get to pay each of you. 🙂
CNN REPORTS THAT PEOPLE ARE BEING SOLD AS SLAVES IN LIBYA.
If you have been following my blog for a while, you know I don’t believe in breaking the bank in order to look fashionable. Ok, I agree you can splurge every now and then, if you are not sacrificing the rent to do so. That’s why when I am curating merchandise for my store I always make sure they are of quality, first and foremost, and affordable.
What I wore and how I styled it. I paired this jacket from my store with some tight from CVS, mind you I have Wolford tights that cost so much more than this entire outfit, but that’s for a later blog post. I also wore a Steve Madden heels, and earrings also from Shop Lawdamassey. I believe I paid ten dollars for the bracelet I purchased years ago. The lipstick is from my own collection, Lawdamassey Beauty, and there you have it. Less than three hundred dollars, with entry into the party and drinks. I don’t usually drink when I go out, not even when I have a designated driver. So yes you can have all eyes on you without breaking the bank.
OUTFIT DETAILS BELOW
#EARRINGS $45 @shoplawdamassey Earrings
#JACKET $69 @shoplawdamassey Jacket
#LIPSTICK $11 @lawdamasseybeauty Lips
#TIGHTS $7 @cvs Tights
#SHOES $89 @stevemadden Shoes
$1,680 – montaignemarket.com
$80 – jades24.com
$670 – tessabit.com
$110 – rebelle.com
$13 – mandco.com
$32 – harrods.com
As a child, I used to go in the department stores with my mother and I would see clothing that was so off the wall, unique so to speak, and I would say to myself “who would buy these?” But as I got older and developed into my own, I understood what personal style is.
Growing up in Boston I remember when I first saw GOTHIC style, I was so mesmerized and wished I was that self confident, not so much much wearing goth, but I wanted to be that girl who wasn’t afraid to embrace fashion the outside the box. I was too afraid that world would not accept me, as me. It took me a while to embrace my own individuality and uniqueness, and not worried about what the “world” thought of me and my style. Especially not taking putting on clothes so serious.
Dressing up is all about fun. It’s liberating to get up, get dressed and look in the mirror and say damn, I look good! Loving yourself for being your own unique you, knowing that there are all type of unique people out here as yourself. As much as there are people, there is a designer for each and every single one of them.
Fast forward to me as a designer; when I made my first earrings I was worried and nervous that people would not like it, and how that kind of rejection would impact my self confidence. I had to remind myself that not everyone is going to like everything I put out. Not pleasing everyone does not equate to failure. I have a friend that does not like large statement pieces, but she’s supports me by purchasing the pieces that fits her personal style.
In essence, all I needed was to tap into that audience that I was trying to reach; But first, I had to remind myself that even though my designs are somewhat unique, there is also an individual person and another, and another, that’s out there trying to find that piece of accessory to complete them, and that could be a Lawdamassey design. I had to shift focus because clearly, I was worried about my non targeted audience, when I should have been more focused on the ones that’s out there searching for a unique and nonconformist designer like myselves.
The reality is, I am the kind of girl that will throw a party and believe that I would be the only one there, and that will never changed, until the room gets crowded. Meaning: That we all have a little insecurity about ourselves and it’s ok. As weird as it is humbling, it is also refreshing to see people embrace my designs and actually wear them, to me, that is bananas and surreal at the same damn time.
My message is, to be yourself and not worry about what the outside thinks of you. As long as you are happy and confident in your own skin, and is willing to embrace your ecliptic and uniqueness, who cares what they think. The outside world will just have to adjust to you, do not conform to the world, let them meet you were you are.
FEATURING EMERALD VINTAGE EARRINGS FROM SHOP LAWDAMASSEY